How to build a personal website
A clean, professional personal website is a must-have for anyone looking to build their brand, market their skills, or simply showcase their hobbies. This article outlines how you can create a personal website in 5 easy steps.
- Choose a template. Select a website template that reflects your personal style and the type of content you plan to share on your site. Check out our templates here.
- Get a domain name. Picking your domain name (i.e. myname.com) is one of the most important parts of creating your personal website. It is how people will find you and your work online, so you’ll want to make it simple and recognizable. Try to avoid long domain names and numbers. You can learn more about how to add a custom domain in this guide.
- Start building. Now that your personal website is set up, it’s time to add your content. Try using the website builder tool to add photos and text for whatever you plan on using your website for. The possibilities are endless and only limited by your own creativity. If you get stuck, Jemi has a helpful chat tool on the bottom right corner of the site. Or you can search through the help center for potential fixes for your issues.
- Spread the word: Use social media and other marketing tools to promote your website and grow your audience. Share your website link and content on your social media platforms, participate in online communities, and engage with your audience. Learn more here.
- Continue to update your website: Regularly update your website with fresh and engaging content to keep your visitors engaged and coming back for more. This can include blog posts, new projects, or any other relevant updates.
By following these simple steps, you can easily create and maintain a personal website that showcases your unique personality and talents.
If you have any additional questions feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.